Since their inception, The Financial Technology Report awards (“TFTR Awards”, “Awards”, or in the case of singular use “TFTR Award”, “Award”) have achieved industry wide recognition among corporate executives, CTOs, CIOs, financial technology professionals, institutional investors, private capital firms, and consultants among other financial technology industry participants. Today they are among the respected and sought-after professional awards a financial technology executive, company, or professional can attain.
Their prestige, acknowledged within the financial technology industry, has grown over the years because industry participants recognize a TFTR Award is based solely on professional achievement and because care has been taken to preserve the integrity of a TFTR Award. Specifically, TFTR takes great care in its selection of awardees and actively manages the use and reference to a TFTR Award in promotion, advertising, and other forms of publicity.
The purpose of these Regulations is to set a code of fair practice for all forms of advertising and usage pertaining to The Financial Technology Report Awards and publications, as well as for other uses of The Financial Technology Report’s intellectual properties.
The Financial Technology Report does not wish to restrict the benefits awardees may derive legitimately from publicity associated with the TFTR Awards, but desires to equalize these benefits and ensure that:
- the rights of past and future TFTR Award recipients are fully protected and treated fairly,
- no illegitimate claims of TFTR Award consideration are made in any advertising medium,
- our readers are not misled by any statement or implication that any achievement has been won or been nominated for a TFTR Award when that is not so, and
- the necessary legal protection is provided for the trademark and copyright owner, i.e., The Financial Technology Report
The Financial Technology Report, as the copyright owner of each TFTR Award title and publication, and owner of its trademarks and service marks, including “The Financial Technology Report,” “The FT Report,”and any award title pertaining to The Financial Technology, is required to protect its properties against unauthorized uses and infringements.
Please adhere to the spirit as well as the letter of these rules.
COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
- Each TFTR Award is the copyrighted property and trademark and service mark of The Financial Technology Report (“TFTR”). TFTR has the sole and exclusive right to publish said Award content in any form or medium, and to distribute or exploit the Award content or reproductions of same by license or otherwise. No reproduction, derivative work or other copy of the Award content or its pieces may be made or used by any advertiser, organization or individual except in accordance with these regulations or under express written consent from TFTR.
- The “The Financial Technology Report” mark and TFTR Award titles are trademarks and service marks of TFTR, and may not be used except in accordance with these regulations or under express written consent from TFTR.
- The “The Financial Technology Report” mark may not be used in the title or subtitle of any magazine, newsletter, online or digital publication, commercial web site, video, social media, or any other format not produced by The Financial Technology except under the express written consent from TFTR.
- The “The Financial Technology Report” mark may not be incorporated into promotional media, corporate material or content of any form, online, digital, print or otherwise, except in accordance with these regulations or under express written consent from TFTR.
- TFTR Award recipients may not refer to, link to, mention, acknowledge, announce, promote, or use the award in any way, whether that be on a web site, bio, social media, press release or other format, without the express written consent from TFTR. Such written consent is typically granted to premium subscribers.
- TFTR Award recipients have no rights whatsoever in The Financial Technology Report copyright or goodwill in the TFTR Award or in its trademark and service mark. Award winners must comply with these rules and regulations.
Once an award publication has been published and announced, The Financial Technology Report will not accept any request for changes in the content unless such changes relate to inaccuracies. Awardees who have acquired a copyright license fee via their premium subscription, however, are entitled to change requests.
News and editorial uses of a TFTR Award or TFTR Awards in stories and articles appearing in newspapers, periodicals, and digital publications, are subject to the following conditions:
- Published references to The Financial Technology Report or its Awards may be made by an established third party media property unassociated and affiliated with an Award recipient company, firm, individual or other affiliate and must pertain to content that is objective in nature and does not promote or advertise an Award recipient
- Published references to The Financial Technology Report or its Awards may not be initiated by, or coordinated with, whether directly or indirectly, an Award recipient firm, individual or other recipient affiliate unless such reference was granted under the express written consent from TFTR.